What do they do for you?
I would like to share with you the main differences, similarities, what they offer, do & how they both work?
It can be difficult to know whether to have a go at Yoga or Pilates when you can feel confused about what they are & what they do & how they would benefit you.
Here are the MAIN things to consider beforehand & what the differences & similarities of Pilates & Yoga are.
Love you to ‘Like & Share’ Thank you Tracy x
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO GET OUT OF A CLASS?
What is important to you? What are your goals?
This is the first step, knowing what you want & you can make your list of ‘wants’ as big as you like!
1. Do you want to develop core strength & correct posture & muscular imbalances?
2. Would you like to de-stress & improve your flexibility?
3. Have you got a back problem you would like to rehabilitate?
4. Have you had a baby & would like to ‘close the gap’, get stronger & tone up?
UNDERSTANDING THE SIMILARITIES OF PILATES & YOGA
Both Pilates & Yoga offer stress-relief, flexibility, strength, control & physical & mental concentration.
WHAT DOES PILATES DO? Classes can have different emphasis but the main principles & themes are the same.
· Developing core strength & better posture. This is the main emphasis!
· Toning your muscles with exercises that are controlled & focussed
· Increasing your flexibility
· Rehabilitating issues relating to bad posture
· Correcting muscular imbalances created from work, life, sport activities & injuries
· Pilates moves through exercises with a focus on breathing techniques for the best results
· The experience is up lifting & relaxing, you feel refreshed, invigorated & mentally & physically calmer, more aware of yourself, more connected to your body
Pilates is an investment in yourself. It takes time to understand, build & you REAP HUGE benefits from doing it regularly.
WHAT DOES YOGA DO? Classes are wide & varied as there are many styles & types of Yoga practice but again the main themes are similar in different %. It teach gentle & nourishing & dynamic..
· Yoga focuses on flexibility of broad muscle groups & joints. Stretching & holding positions to increase flexibility is the central physical theme.
· It offers balance, strength, endurance, power & peace & is a fantastic way to reduce stress/anxiety & promote your health & well-being
· If you are really stiff & want to release tension from your muscles & joints Yoga will definitely do that
· Yoga moves through different poses/postures & has a strong focus on breathing techniques/ breathe control
· Yoga helps you to align yourself physically & mentally leaving you feeling able to ‘handle’ your life with more confidence
I have been teaching both Yoga & Pilates for 21 years & have been doing Yoga for longer.
I am PASSIONATE about them both.
I do see them as very different & both offer AMAZING health & well-being benefits.
Want to start a Pilates Class?
Click here 👉 https://www.tracydixonmindandbodyfit.com/pilates-and-stretches
Want to start a Yoga Class?
Click here 👉https://www.tracydixonmindandbodyfit.com/indoor-classes